Installing Spark at Home
Installing Spark on your home computer is quick and easy! Just follow these steps:
1. Go to: http://www.igniterealtime.org/downloads/index.jsp
2. Under Spark, click on the button corresponding to your Operating System. In other words, click on the Windows button if you are running Windows, Mac if you are on a Mac, etc.
3. A sub menu will appear. For Windows users, click "spark_2_6_0.exe" or later. Mac users should click "spark_2_6_0.dmg" or later.
4. You should be prompted to save the file, do so. Remember the location the file is being saved to!
5. Once the file has finished downloading (depending on your internet connection, this may take a few minutes), open the file by double clicking it.
6. You may see a window at this point asking you to confirm, click "Yes" or "Run".
7. The Spark installation will begin.
8. Click "Next>"
9. Click "Next>"
10. Click "Next>"
11. You can decide whether or not you would like a desktop or Quick Launch icon created. Click "Next>"
12. The installer will begin writing files to your computer.
13. Leave the checkbox checked so that Spark will load. Click "Finish"
14. Enter your Student Affairs username (the first part of your email address, i.e. jdoe)
15. Enter your Student Affairs passphrase. This is the same one you use to log into your workstation on campus.
16. Enter jabber.uoregon.edu in the Server field.
17. Click "Login" and you are done!
Please watch the following video for a demo:
Please note that the server has changed from mychat.uoregon.edu, to jabber.uoregon.edu.