All employees must follow the UO Acceptable Use policy, FERPA, and all other applicable federal, state and institutional policies with regard to use of information technology resources.
- Do not give out passwords to anyone. Do not share your password with your supervisor, IT staff or your student employees. .If you encounter a situation where account sharing is needed, please contact SAIT and we will find a solution. Never reply to emails requesting your credentials.
- Do not store confidential or sensitive data on computers, servers, phones, and external media (flash/thumb drives) or other computing devices unless all of the following are true:
- If you believe your system is infected with a virus, do the following:
- All systems will be joined to the domain and managed by SA:IT. This includes both PC and Mac systems.
- Do not subvert security procedures or attempt to compromise systems.
- If a computer asked to apply updates on shutdown, do so.
- Never disclose personal information in response to an unsolicited email.
- Do not install new/untested software on systems without explicit approval from SA:IT.